Steam Fried Mutton Chops Rrecipe/Mutton Chops Recipe

I love Mutton chops We always make Crumb Fried Mutton Chops at home Its our family fav..This one is very similar to the crumb fried chops except for the fact that these are steamed in pressure cooker then dipped in egg and coated with breadcrumbs and then fried till crisp.These are quick compared to the Crumb fried ones.I made these along with my Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani  which I posted earlier.

Ingredients
1/2 kg mutton chops (single rib)
1.5 tsp ginger garlic paste
4-6 green chillies /as needed
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 cup coriander leaves
few mint leaves
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp lime juice
1 egg
 breadcrumbs to coat
oil to fry.


Method:

  • Wash the chops well then drain excess water
  • Apply salt lime juice and turmeric powder and ginger garlic paste.
  • Grind together chillies, coriander mint leaves, cumin seeds ,garam masala powder to a paste by adding very little water
  • Now apply this paste to the chops and leave aside for 2-3 hrs.
  • Then cook these chops in a pressure cooker by adding very little water ,since the chops will leave excess water from marination ,cook for 2 whistles then simmer .
  • Open the lid and cook with the lid open if still there is water left.
  • The chops have to be dried and well coated with masala.
  • Allow it to cool for sometime meanwhile beat egg and keep it ready.
  • Once the chops have cooled down dip it in the egg then coat it with breadcrumbs.
  • Heat the pan ,add oil to shallow fry
  • Fry the chops on both sides till they turn brown and crisp.
  • Serve along with salad/raita or as a side dish with Biryani /Curries.


NewerStories OlderStories Home

14 comments:

Rafeeda AR said...

This is really amazing... delicious....

Amila @Food Corner said...

This looks delicious and crispy.I think with all spices and ingredients,mutton chops are with full of flavor.

Medeja- CranberryJam said...

Great meal! I would really enjoy such flavorful mutton dish.

Motions and Emotions said...

no fancy..but mutton chops looks yumm

Fullscoops said...

Looks so delicious! Yum!

Shobha said...

Delicious and irresistible snack !

Nava K said...

My all time fav though I simmer the chops before frying. Been a long time since I've. Seeing these temptation chops, I have to make soon.

Beena said...

Delicious

Home Cooked food said...

I have to tell my mom about this. They will love it.

Unknown said...

Looks really good! Can't resist mutton in any form!!

Julie said...

glad that it uses very less oil,yummy ones!!

Anonymous said...

beautifully done chops <3 so beautiful looks

Padma said...

Lovely share...Looks delicious...I'm drooling:)

Unknown said...

stunning offer ... looks tasty... I'm drolling

Post a Comment