Whole Wheat Chicken Fajita Pizza

I love making pizzas on request on my loved ones more than eating i enjoy cooking and serving food to others i love to see the glee in their eyes..My 4 yr old nephew who is my god child loves anything what i cook and keeps demanding to make things he likes. .HE loves my pizza and cakes  (does it sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet) well no I'm not bragging  but sharing my happiness with you all..HE says My goma makes the best pizza because he knows i will add lots of cheese and customise the toppings as  per his choice..
He was pestering me to bake a pizza it was almost a month since he had a pizza so i thought as it was last day of vacation why not treat him with a pizza ..This time I thought I'll make a Whole wheat pizza and went on..I was really surprised to see that the whole wheat pizza was as delish and soft as the one made with refined flour/maida ..
I checked the fridge there was no chicken so I first kneaded the dough left it to proof and went to buy chicken .The dough rose beautifully till the time I finished marinating the chicken and kept the oven to preheat and baked the base pan fried the chicken and chopped the bell peppers and onion while Sheldon was impatiently waiting for his pizza.
I arranged the pizza and put it in the oven to bake ..As soon the timer went off he was shouting with joy to enjoy his pizza i had to make him wait since it was piping hot and he could have burnt his tongue..till then  quickly captured few shots for posting this..As he tasted I could see the dimples and the joy in his eyes and he said Goma (godmother) this is the best pizza ever..lol I was happy not because he said its the best but because i knew i fed him something good and healthy by making a whole wheat based pizza..

Ok I think I wrote enough now off to the recipe..


Method :

for the pizza base refer this recipe only substitute the flour with 3 cups wholewheat flour /atta

for pizza sauce click here for recipe


For the Chicken marinade
200 gms Boneless chicken cut into fine chunks (Usually chicken is cut in strips for fajita but i prefered chunks in pizza)
1 tsp lime juice
salt
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1/2 tsp crushed pepper
1 tsp oil
Marinate the chicken with the above mentioned ingredients except oil .
Keep aside for 20 minutes minimum.
Heat pan add oil and saute the chicken till done.

toppings i used
red and green bell pepper cut lengthwise
onion
 mozzarella and Parmesan cheese as needed

Method

  • Bake pizza base as given in the recipe. If you love thin crust roll the dough thin and bake
  • Apply pizza sauce  on the base then spread the cheese and top it with  chicken and capsicum and onion.
  • Drizzle 1/2 tsp olive oil over it and sprinkle herbs and bake in preheated oven for 15 min or till cheese melts and turns bubbly.
  • Enjoy it hot ...


If you wish to check my other pizza ,pizza dough and sauce recipe posted here click the link below
Basic Pizza Dough
Pizza sauce
Chicken Tikka Pizza
Chicken and herb Sausage Pizza
Note
I have used 3 cups whole wheat flour ,you could take 50:50 of APF/maida and wholewheat flour or 1 cup maida/apf and 2 cups atta/wholewheat flour
I had to knead for 15 min+ to get  a smooth dough..
Vegetarians can use paneer instead 

NewerStories OlderStories Home

41 comments:

Culinary Adventuress Piyali Sekhar Mutha said...

Looks yummy. Love the colours the bell peppers are imparting and so much love the flavours going on here. I like the use of cumin here and the fact that this is a whole wheat crust. Very nice.

Fullscoops said...

I'm sure your nephew loved it! This looks so delicious!

Motions and Emotions said...

yummy cheesy pizza...Your nephew must be having a great time because he has a goma who prepares delicious treats...

Nava K said...

You sure can make great pizza Gloria. This one is included in the list of those you've shared so far.

Priya said...

Mouth watering pizza dear..This sure is a treat to that little boy

~ Nee ~ said...

What a great looking pizza, the colors are so bright, with ingredients , you know it is tasty deliciously : )

Unknown said...

This is so lovely! I'm glad you mentioned whole wheat...never tried it before. Love the amount of cheese and the bell peppers! I wonder what Sheldon will order next.:-))

Anupa Joseph (Palaharam) said...

Droolworthy pizza...So perfect for weekend dinner

Rafeeda AR said...

There is nothing like the priceless expression on a child's face! It is so difficult to get complements from my kids, that the time they say something nice about my food, I literally float! Hehe... the pizza looks amazing... I have made with whole wheat flour but somehow didn't like the denseness the base gave... maybe I will try your recipe... :)

Medeja- CranberryJam said...

I love home made pizzas! Looks delicious with so many ingredients!

Beena said...

Wow super tempting pizza

Julie said...

mouthwatering one dear..yummy!

Swathi said...

Delicious whole wheat chicken fajita pizza, if little one is approved then it is great. You made it perfectly. Thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop. pinning and tweeting.

Merry Tummy said...

wow...did someone said pizza...i am here:)
crisp crusty beautiful looking pizza :)

Anonymous said...

Wow Glori. This is so wonderful looking pizza.. Perfect treat for your nephew.. He is very lucky hun :-D

April J Harris said...

You have used some wonderful spices in this deliciously wholesome pizza! What a fabulous fusion of flavours! Thank you for sharing with us at the Hearth and Soul hop. I've pinned this post and have followed you on Pinterest and G+ :-)

Suhaina said...

Where is my portion Gloria

Gloria Fernandes said...

thanks dear

Gloria Fernandes said...

thanks dear..yes he did

Gloria Fernandes said...

thanks a lot dear

Gloria Fernandes said...

thanks a lot Nava

Gloria Fernandes said...

thanks dear

Gloria Fernandes said...

thanks dear

Gloria Fernandes said...

thanks a lot dear

Gloria Fernandes said...

thanks dear

Gloria Fernandes said...

yes the expression is priceless...thanks a lot dear

Gloria Fernandes said...

thanks dear

Gloria Fernandes said...

thanks dear

Gloria Fernandes said...

thanks dear

Gloria Fernandes said...

thanks dear

Gloria Fernandes said...

Thanks dear

Gloria Fernandes said...

Thanks Monu

Gloria Fernandes said...

Thanks dear for stopping by

Gloria Fernandes said...

You can take the entire pizza dear

Anonymous said...

Can I use aashirvad aata...it will be soft na...and taste...difference will be there or what because my son is very very choosy....

Anonymous said...

And to make half the recipe how much instant dry yeast should I use for whole wheat flour

Anonymous said...

Can I use aashirvad aata.....the softness and the taste will not be different rite because my son I very choosy...so please help me...and how much yeast do I use for 11/2 cup whole wheat flour...

Gloria Fernandes said...

You can use aashivad attack..use 1 tsp yeast...you can use 1 1/2 cup wholeheat or 1 cup wholewheat and 1/2 cup maids/flour

Gloria Fernandes said...

Maida/all purpose flour I meant 1/2 cup

Anonymous said...

But using the whole wheat flour alone will give me the same taste as like maida one....11/2 cup wheat flour alone...because am scared then my son will not eat...want to surprise him feeling excited

Gloria Fernandes said...

ok so you add 1/2 cup plain flour or take 50 :50 of both flours .I know kids are choosy try with this later you can try with wholewheat alone.

Post a Comment