Boondi Raita

Its getting hotter by the day and this time we just feel to eat some cool stuff I love eating raitas and salads in summer.This raita is my fav though i love to have cucumber and onion tomato raita with biryanis.  I made this raita with my Chicken Tandoori Biryani .This is a very easy recipe and even a kid can make this.This was among the first few things I learnt as a kid. Some people soak the boondis in water and then add to the curds I somehow love to have the crunchy boondis so I add it towards the end.




Ingredients:
Curds 1 cup
salted boondi 1/2 -3/4 cup
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp -1/2 tsp chaat masala
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
few coriander leaves/mint leaves
salt.

Method


  • Whisk the curds with sugar and salt.
  • Add chaat masala powder and ,red chilli powder and cumin powder and mix
  • Lastly add the boondis and mix well
  • Sprinkle little cumin powder and garnish with mint/coriander leaves and serve immediately.


NewerStories OlderStories Home

26 comments:

Unknown said...

my all timefavorite...

Rafeeda AR said...

love this anytime...

Beena said...

Love it . Delicious

Fullscoops said...

One of my favorite raita! Looks so colorful and inviting!

Remya said...

looks inviting

Shabbu said...

Yummy raita..tempting..

Motions and Emotions said...

something different from the regular raita

Medeja- CranberryJam said...

Classic raita! This is the first raita I have ever tried :D

Sona said...

Delicious boondi raita...

Nusrath said...

One of my favorite. ..love it any time

Zaiqedaarpakwaan said...

Wow love to have this anytime!
Came following you here Gloria...
Love to explore your space which is awesome <3

Nava K said...

Simple dish yet the simplicity is welcoming.

Traditionally Modern Food said...

Quick and yummy raita perfect with roti and rice

Unknown said...

Looks very tempting! I love the crunch too but just some at the top. The rest of the boondis are usually soaked. I'll try it your way now.:) Despite the heat, summer does comes
with innumerable blessings!

Unknown said...

Looks tempting ........ Love it!

Herbs Spices and Tradition said...

Ho Gloria, my favourite boondi raita.

Please follow two more rules on my blog anniversary post, then you will be eligible to win the prize.

Priya said...

Delicious quick raita..Yumm

Jo said...

all time fav... yum

Home Cooked food said...

spicy chicken biryani and cooling raita , perfect combo for me.

Tabu Hussain said...

my favvvvvv

Easyfoodsmith said...

It is such a wonderful accompaniment to the dry curry preparations. We love it :)

Julie said...

yummy,looks refreshing ..:)

Swathi said...

Delicious boondi raita my sister in law makes best one.

Unknown said...

It looks delicious :)

Merry Tummy said...

Oh this looks so tempting and inviting. Got to try this soon, lovely recipe.
Have a great weekend:)

Anonymous said...

so beautiful and yummy raita.. best to have it in ramadans :)

Post a Comment